Tuesday, April 27, 2010

So let the madness begin hunger, headaches, and err. . . basically no food, I’m starving all ready. My poison of choice is the celebrity slim diet because by the end of this week I want to look like a celebrity, they told me I would on the box.

For all of you who have not heard of the Celebrity Slim diet we have seen it many times before; Slim Fast, Lipotrim and all the diets that promise you will lose 9 pounds, all you have to do is swap a meal, have a shake, ah go on. The celebrity slim diet is basically a meal replacement programme. And of course they say 'it’s easy'. On this programme you replace two meals each day with delicious (their words) Celebrity Slim shakes, soups or bars, (yummy) and eat one ‘normal’ balanced meal each day.

After shelling out 42 euro on the celebrity slim start up pack complete with shaker, I almost felt 7 pounds lighter. When I opened up my pack I was greeted with a lovely array of banana, chocolate, and strawberry flavoured shakes. A chocolate shake brilliant, this is going to be a piece of cake, I am so going to lose 7 pounds by Friday.

My confidence however, soon wavered as I sampled my first shake, (chocolate of course) disgusting, this could be a slight problem. My family had all ready laughed at the idea that I could go without chocolate, crisps, and many other foods high in saturated fats for one day let alone a week. I had no choice but to down it in one go I won’t let them break me. ‘Is it nice?' ‘Yeah delicious, I want another one already’.

An orange, a chocolate putrid shake, and a miniscule piece of grilled chicken, day one over. I already feel like I deserve to have lost one stone, so I decided to step on the scales, sadly computer said no. All my hopes are now pinned on the banana flavoured shake; oh please don’t let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment